|Snooper Map Updates|
|In order to update your unit's software and map data you need to perform the following steps:|
|Stage 1 - Download and Install the Map Downloader Program|
- Download the following program:
Snooper Map Downloader v1-5-0
(Please 'Save' the file onto your PC, do not run directly from the website)
- Install the program onto your PC (The software is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit))
|Stage 2 - Obtain the updated software and map data|
- Start the program by double left clicking the 'Map Downloader' icon which now appears on your desktop.
- Connect your unit to an AC mains charger (if supplied) and plug the mains charger into a mains power socket.
- Switch the unit ON
- Connect the device to the PC
- The program will detect that the unit is connected and will advise if an update is available for your unit.
- Once the software and map download has started disconnect the unit from the PC and wait for the download to complete.
|Please Note: Once the map data is downloaded the program will then 'extract' the data to enable you to update your unit.|
|Stage 3 - Updating your unit|
- Once the data has been downloaded and extracted the software will provide you with a 'Run' button. Click 'Run'.
- Select the language for the program to use.
- Connect your unit to AC mains power, switch the unit ON and then connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
- The software will detect that the device has been connected and will then update the software and map data.
- Once the update has completed, disconnect the unit and close all open windows.
- You have successfully updated your unit.
| Product Compatibility|
This map update can only be used to update the preloaded maps installed on your SD or Micro SD card, which came with your Snooper device*. For example, a device preloaded with UK & Ireland map data cannot be updated with a Snooper Lifetime European Map Update, and vice versa.
Snooper Lifetime Map Update Services gives you full access to the entire map coverage; however, some units may not have enough storage capacity on the SD or Micro SD card and therefore may not be able to upgrade to the latest map data. Some devices, such as the Strabo S360 and S370 store the map data on internal flash memory and may not have sufficient capacity to upgrade the new map data.
A card reader is required to upgrade the mapping on the following devices: Strabo SNP350, S900 and S1000.
Map downloads are non refundable
| Download Times|
A map update may take up to several hours to download and is not intended for use with a dial-up Internet connection or with satellite Internet providers. Actual download speeds may vary.
File Size and System Requirements|
Internet access is required. Not suitable for use with a dial-up Internet access connection. Download speeds may be significantly slower using a USB 3G dongle. Map data can be quite large in capacity so please check your internet usage limit with your broadband provider as exceeding this limit may incur a further charge. Performance Products Limited is not liable for you exceeding your download limit with your broadband provider. You may need at least 7 GB of free disk space to download and update the mapping on your device.
This service only updates the maps that came preloaded on your SD or Micro-SD card. Due to an increase in file size, this map update may not fit on your current SD or micro SD card. You may need to purchase a Snooper authorised SD or micro SD card with a larger capacity from our sales team (Tel: +44 (0) 330 232 2020) or from your local Snooper Authorised Dealer.
The following information is the current PC requirements. These requirements may change as the PC operating system or technology evolves, or is updated. Performance Products Limited reserves the right to discontinue support for any of the versions of PC operating system listed below when it is no longer commercially practical to provide support for such versions because of the release of updated operating systems or technology.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit)
- 1 GB RAM
- 1024 x 768 display or greater
- Up to 7 GB free disk space depending on the file size to be downloaded.
- USB port
- USB cable
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later
- Not for use with dial-up Internet access
* If your Snooper product does not include, or you did not purchase separately, the map data you want to update using your Snooper Lifetime Map Update Service subscription, then you must purchase the map data separately before you can install the updated map data onto your Snooper product.
|Return to home page|